Thank you for all those that responded via email, through this blog, who earn extra entries by posting the giveaways on your blogs, and filled out entry forms at the craft fairs for the “Happy UnBirthday to You, Giveaway! Let’s review, what the responses were like when it came to sharing our favourite fairy tales.
1. Cinderella received the most votes (14) and I loved what was said about her, “I am in awe of her love, patience under horrible and unjust circumstances. She is beautiful inside and outside, gets the prince and her dreams in the end.”.
2. Snowwhite gets (5 votes) a comment was made “hoping someday My prince will come and sweep me out of my nightmare and I’ll end up happily ever after!”
3. Peter Pan (4 votes), one commented, “how she cries everytime she reads the story, and how it’s one of her favourite rides at Disneyland“. Another commented “She wanted to be a mom, but afraid to grow up. Her favourite memories of her mom! Her sister would write to Tinkerbell, and she and her mom would leave glittery notes and sparkly toes!”
4. The Princess and The Pea, (3 votes) Comment, “I am a princess, I wake up in the night, and think about all that I need to do!”
5. Goldilocks & 3 Bears (2 votes)
6. Aladdin (2 votes)
7. Jungle Book (2 votes)
8. Alice in Wonderland (1 vote)
9 . Beauty and Beast (1 vote) “Something extra special about it, even when Disney sweeten it up a bit!”
10. Rapzunel (1 vote)
11. Sleeping Beauty (1 vote) comment, “I always thought it would be awesome to go to sleep for that long and then be woken by a prince with a kiss. I still love to sleep in and I did marry my prince, so maybe the fairy tale did come true!”
12. Hercules (1 vote)
13. The Little Mermaid (1 vote)
14. Bambi (1 vote)
15. Paper Bag Princess (1 vote)
16. Enchanted (1 vote)
I was asked what my favourite fairy tale is. Each one brings it’s own set of memories. I love the detail of the Disney ride of Peter Pan, and as a child I often tried catching dust particles in the air (pixie dust!) and tried to think happy thoughts when I jumped off the bed.. (it’s a good thing, I never tried the roof!) but Captain Hook surely gave me nightmares! My husband claims I’m like the princess and the pea, as I must have a very comfortable bed. Having a birthday cakes of Thumper the rabbit from Bambi, and Prince John sucking his thumb from Robin Hood. I sucked my thumb till I was five, so I really afraid when it came to cutting that special cake of Prince John. Many Disney movies, have given me many magical moments and memories! One of my all time favourites, that I have learn to appreciate even more as I have gracefully aged, is “Mary Poppins”. I wish I could snap my fingers and the toys would be put away. I thought it would be lovely to jump into a sidewalk picture and become a part of the action, dance with chimney sweeps on roof tops, take my laughter to greater heights, feed the birds, and of course, go fly a kite! Mary gives us hope and optimism which are powerful tools in the face of hard times, to not judge people, to be generous, to learn to value each other, and see magic every day. I feel a bit like Mary Poppins, when I set up for a craft fair, and the jewelry keeps coming out of a container, it doesn’t seem to stop!
The author of Mary Poppins, was Pamela L. Travers, but she was born as Helen Lyndon Goff on Nov 9, 1899. She wrote Mary Poppins in 1934, and died in 1996, at the age of 96. She wrote about Fairy tales how they, ” live in us, endlessly growing repeating their themes ringing like great bells. If we forget them, still they are not lost. They go underground, like secret rivers and emerge the brighter for their dark journey.”. We all need a Mary Poppins said Thomas Schumacher, “Someone to love us unconditionally, to be magically, but not too sappy, to enchant us, and to make everything right, and then to leave us to do it on our own!”
The results are in out of a total of 55 entries.
The winner is #2 who is Jacqueline B.
You can pick between the enchanted candy apple or the pirate buckle and your choice of black belt S (12 months-4T) M (4T-8) or L (8-12)
Random numbers generated Jun 8 2009 at 8:9: 11 by www.psychicscience.org
Thank you for all those that participated, and stay tuned for more exciting free giveaways!